October 3, 2011

Fall is a'comin'!

Ah, October. Finally, it really is Fall, and finally, the weather around here has become compliant. I love warm, rainy weather. It's probably my most favorite! I've been a little too busy to post for the last couple of days, but I'm sure my 0 readers won't complain. ;)
I've been seeing tons of adorable jewelry holders made out of manzanita branches all over the internet. They're all so beautiful! My room is full of wooden birds and trees are also a motif, and I've decided I need one for all my Great-grandmother's vintage jewelry. I'd rather show it off than keep it in the box it's in now! (Even though the boxes are gorgeous as well.)
Strangely, the walls in this room are exactly the same color as mine.
It just so happens that I live in an area that has manzanita bushes growing everywhere, so hopefully on an upcoming weekend Gryphon and I are going to go hiking and find the perfect branch for me!
Speaking of vintage jewelry, I decided this past week that I need to showcase some of my less worn pieces, so heres a simple outfit with a gorgeous vintage gold necklace.
Necklace-vintage, Blouse-Kohls, Cardigan-thrifted, Jeans-Levi, Shoes-Target
Sorry for the bellybutton action guys. I know none of you want to see that. Heres another shot that shows off the necklace a bit better!

I love it! Sadly, I'm slightly allergic to most metals, so wearing this too long gave me a rash on my neck. It probably won't stop me from wearing it though. Giving up jewelry would make me cry.

Over the weekend I had a chance to tighten the buttonholes on that lovely vintage dress I thrifted a while back. For those who haven't seen it, it's been posted before, worn by my lovely friend Wren:

Sadly, I think it looks better on her smaller frame (I've never been a fan of baby-doll dresses) but I'm very happy that I can wear it now and not worry about the buttons popping open over my chestile region every few seconds! I had Wren take some (somewhat dramatic) photos of me wearing it today after school:
Dress-thrifted, Shoes-Target, Necklace-H&G, Glasses-Sears
Yes, I rocked a single victory roll today. I was in a bit of a hurry in the morning. Sadly, I still have a lot of trouble doing a bun, even though my hair is much shorter now. Bobby pins do not seem to want to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment